Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Supercharger or Turbo??????

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MiLLerGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2000
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I've got a '92 Integra G-SR and i want to do a major upgrade. Either a supercharger or a turbo kit. I've heard good and bad things about both of them and can't decide which one to get. Let me know what you guys think i should do. Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    You should think about a few things. What are you looking for as a whole? Do you want a fast daily driver or is it mostly for fun? Do you want torque/low end grunt or are you looking for high rpm power? How much do you have to spend and which characteristics do you like/dislike about both kits? Do you like the sounds of a turbo or supercharger better? Sounds like a dumb question but there is a difference and some people care about little things like that.



    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid soon to be supersized.....I mean supercharged!

    I live my life on the line.........the redline!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member acuraintegraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 1999
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    does jr make a kit for the b17 or for any g2? last i heard they had problems with getting it to fit in the amount of space so they weren't going to make. if not then that solves your question real quick smile

    ------------------
    Sam
    http://homepages.go.com/~acuraintegr...ntegraman.html

    [This message has been edited by acuraintegraman (edited March 25, 2000).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Good point acuraintegraman. Nice site by the way.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member James151's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 1999
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Get a supercharger!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member James151's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 1999
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wait! I meant get a turbo, oh who knows? Just get anything as long as it makes your car fast and do it without a kabooom.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally unless you already are locked into the car with other thousands of dollars in mods, I would save you money for a year, then invest it all into a newer car. Why spend $3,000 on a car that is only worth a bit more.

    But that really doesn't answer your question, I'd do a turbo in a G2.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member EGB16A's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I answer your question with another question, which of the fastest hondas or any other japanese car is running a supercharger? I hope you make the right decision.

  9. #9
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    Well how long have superchargers been around to get tuned in and go as fast as turbo's??
    It seems turbo kits have been around for honda's for a long time and have had tons of development done (turbo inducer/exducer development) to make them super-efficient. Anyway you really need to decide what you want out of the car instead of asking what are the fastest car's running with? Want to see a supercharged car run really fast?? Put a larger supercharger on it just like people upsize turbo's eventually we will be able to get larger supercharger's (I hope rolleyes )
    later,
    Will

  10. #10
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Certainly the fastest Honda guys are turbo but that doesn't mean that is the right decision to make. The fastest isn't necessarily the best. If this is going to be a race car and you are looking for the most speed possible I would say go with the biggest, baddest turbo you can find. If it is going to be streetable you can go either way. It is up to you, but don't make your decision on the basis that all the fastest Honda racers are turbo. That would be foolish in my mind. Just my .02 cents.

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid soon to be supersized.....I mean supercharged!

    I live my life on the line.........the redline!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •